About the Insurance Compensation System
Our vehicles are covered by insurance and other systems up to the amounts listed below. However, the customer will be responsible for any accident that exceeds the maximum amount of the compensation plan, any accident for which the deductible is covered by the insurance policy, any accident that violates the terms of the rental agreement, and any accident for which police proof of accident cannot be obtained.
||Amount of compensation
|personal liability compensation
||1 limit quota
|30 million yen
About the CDW (Collision Damage Waiver) System
If you subscribe to this system, you will be exempt from paying the deductible for property and vehicle damage in the event of an accident. However, if multiple accidents occur during the same rental period, only the first accident will be covered.
|CDW (Collision Damage Waiver) System subscription fee
||¥1,100 to ¥2,200 (tax included)
Varies by vehicle / up to 24 hours per day
|Deductible for property damage ¥50,000 ¥0
Vehicle coverage deductible ¥50,000 ¥0
- Applications must be made at the time of departure.
- For rental contracts of 15 days or more but less than 1 month, the subscription fee is for 15 days, and coverage is for the duration of the rental period.
- This program is not insurance.
- Wearing seat belts is a condition of the rental contract.
- Compensation for the vehicle deductible does not apply in the event of self-inflicted damage.
- ■ What is "self-inflicted damage"?
- (e.g.) Vehicle accidents that do not result in damage to property (including collisions with utility poles, guardrails, etc.), accidents involving driving off a road or rollover, and accidents in which the other party cannot be identified, such as hit-and-run accidents and vandalism.
- Indemnity coverage is not available to drivers who are under 21 years of age, who have been licensed for less than one year, or who have a history of accidents in the past that are deemed inappropriate by the Company.
Cases where the insurance compensation system is not applicable
In the following cases, the customer will be responsible for any damage that is not covered by the insurance compensation system or that exceeds the limit of compensation.
In the event of an accident, if the prescribed procedures, such as contacting the police and the Company, have not been followed
In the event that the rental agreement is violated.
- Damages resulting from nuisance (illegal) parking
- Drinking and driving
- Drug use
- Unauthorized extension
- Driving by anyone other than the driver and co-driver specified in the contract
- subletting or renting a vehicle to another driver
- Driving without a license (including violating the period of suspension of driver's license or the type of vehicle that may be driven)
- Unauthorized settlements
- Use of the vehicle for any kind of test or competition.
- Towing or pushing another vehicle
- Other accidents that fall under the disclaimers set forth in the rental agreement, etc.
If the insurance policy of the non-life insurance concluded by the Company is applicable to the exclusion of liability.
- Intentional accidents
- Flat tire or tire damage
- Loss or damage of wheel caps
- Loss of keys
- Cost of flat tire first aid kit
- Damage to property owned, used or controlled by the customer, etc.
- Unauthorized repairs
In the event of use or management fault
- If the car is parked with the key in the ignition and stolen or unlocked and stolen.
- Repair costs for damage or corrosion to the car body or other parts of the car caused by poor usage
- Damage to equipment inside the vehicle
- Loss of equipment
- Damage caused by inadequate installation of tire chains, carriers, or other option
- Damage to the vehicle when driven on a road other than a roadway, such as a beach, riverbed, or forest (accident on a road other than a maintained and controlled road)
- Repair costs incurred due to a mistake in fuel type when refueling
- Damage caused by operation by persons other than qualified crane or elevator operators, etc.
Compensation for absence from work
In the event of an accident, theft, breakdown, stain, damage to the interior maintenance, burn marks on the seats, etc., which are not the responsibility of the Company and require the vehicle to be repaired or cleaned during the use of the vehicle, the following amounts will be charged as compensation for business during the period of such accident, breakdown, stain, damage, burn marks on the seats, etc.
|If the vehicle is returned to the sales office after being driven by the driver himself/herself
If the vehicle cannot be driven on its own
*The customer is also responsible for towing charges if the vehicle cannot be driven on its own.
Car Rental Reservation Cancellation Fees
*If you do not contact us within 1 hour after the reserved time, we will cancel your reservation.
||All Classes Except
7 days prior to departure
6 to 3 days prior to departure
|20% of basic rate
||30% of basic rate
2 days to 1 day prior to departure
|30% of basic rate
||40% of basic rate
on the day of departure
|50% of basic rate
||50% of basic rate